Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 9: Measurements

I  must admit something: I did not get up yesterday morning, on Day 8, and take my measurements. I ended up taking them at the end of the day in a rush, and I was unhappy with them.

So, this morning, I've taken them again. I don't expect to see differences, big or small, after only one week. I don't feel much different, but I can tell that my body is enjoying the diet change. My skin is absolutely GLOWING. I felt BEAUTIFUL last night after I took off my (very minimal) make-up and put on my face goop. My hair is feeling a little healthier, but this might simply be because it is not as hot this week as it has been, and it's having a break from going between very dry to way too "silky".

I'm also finding it easier being on the diet this time around, as is my partner. We believe it's because we've done it all before, and KNOW what we're not supposed to be eating, and have done more preparation this time. I'm finding new recipes all the time. Tim says the diet is not meant to be fun, and to stick to a variaiton of only a few recipes. I would tentatively adapt that: it is a diet, it is not fun. But it doesn't have to be unfun. I'm enjoying the challenging of finding meals that incorporate beans or lentils, and ignore sugar, and rice, and wheat, and potatoes, and dairy.

So, my measurements. Here they are on Day 1.

Chest: 39" (or 99cm)
Waist: 34.25" (or 87cm)
(High Hip: 38" (or 96cm)) (I have this in brackets, since it's a "me" measurement. It's not a recommended measurement, but for me, I carry all my weight in my torso as I have an "Apple" shape, and this is the biggest part of me.)
Hip: 36" (91cm)

I must point out here that I have taken my first hip measurement inaccurately, somehow. However, I will compare this week's measurement with next weeks and see if there's another difference like this one.

My measurements on Day 9.

Chest: 38.25" (97cm)
Waist: 33" (84cm)
(High Hip: 37" (94cm)
Hip: 37" (94cm)

(See what I mean about the going-the-other-way measurement of my hip? That very rarely changes, just because of my physiology. So, I'm putting it down to measuring it wrong. I think I took Day 1's measurement too low..)

LOOK AT THAT! I didn't want to take this week's measurements, because I felt as if I hadn't achieved anything yet. But look, I have! I've lost a full inch off my waist, which is marvellous. As a woman, I should keep my waist measurement under 80cm to avoid the risk of diabeties. (If it is over 80cm, you are at "risk", over 88cm & that moves to "high risk". As you can see, I was approaching high risk.) Everything else is slightly reduced as well, including another inch off my high hip (where my belly is, so that fits with the loss in the waist measurement) and almost an inch (or 2cm) off my chest.

This week, I feel like I've begun to lose "back fat", which I HATE. That bulge over my bra? YUCK. So, I feel that is where I've lost it, and it echoes in my measurements.

Yay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment